Sunday, December 14, 2008

Where are all the bloggers?

Dear Readers,
It's -6 degrees here in Everson today, including the windchill, so the Silves mom and her brood are staying home from church. Yes, our church is heated, but our parking lot is not. Hauling to kiddos in who are all bundled up and screaming because it's cold is not my idea of the Sabbath, and neither is running out 90 minutes later, this time to an ice cold Jeep. So today... we are Sabathing from the warmth of our home. We have had a lovely morning here at home, and Weston is down for a nice long nap. He took a 4 hour nap yesterday, and I was almost too scared to go and check on him... he NEVER sleeps more than 2 1/2 hours for a babysitter, and 90 minutes for me. Good thing I had a party to prep for, or I wouldn't have known what to do with myself! The party went well... Diane had planned the food before her accident, and WOW she outdid herself. It was great. Too bad she couldn't be there to partake! I came back with a little spinach dip, everything else was GONE. The boys loved their gifts from Grandma, and we've had a little battle going on with playing with each other's toys this morning. There are 50-60 people there, and I have to say, it does make it crowded and hard to visit, especially with two little ones. I am a pretty hmm... how would you say it... I do tend to hover. I think our boys, even Wayne, are too young to play by themselves in another room, so I usually go and watch the kiddos and keep them in line. I don't mind, I realize that it's just for a time and soon enough they will be old enough to go play on their own. Until then.... It's fun to just play with them.

Man, the wind is still howling today! My windchill and wind speed aren't working anymore... We're wondering if they are frozen. The current temp is 23.8 degrees F. That's cold! We moved the dogs into the garage, and they are much more comfortable. I let them out for a run, pee and poop every now and then, so so far so good in the stink department. I made a pot of vegetable beef soup, and will be home all day. I have two families coming for family pictures, one at 1, and the other at 2. Tanya is going to come and help with the kids, setup, and be my assistant, so now I am looking forward to it. Otherwise, I was just worrying about how to get it all done! It should be fun now.

I know I owe you pics, but I haven't taken them off my camera yet... I'll get them up later.

Which brings me to my point.... where are all the bloggers? It's bloody cold outside, and yet most of you aren't posting... I want updates people! Tell me what you've been doing, where you're going, what parties are planned... details people, I need details! :-)

Freezing in E-town,
Tanya

1 comment:

  1. We are freezing in Iowa as well with -30 windchill. I just sent Jayden down the driveway who thought he did not need a cap or gloves. Our dog was in our garage also last night. During the blizzard, Gene decided the horses needed shelter so down to the pasture they went through the blowing snow. luckily i only had to pull them out of the ditch once but I was glad the works were home again. I better get our Christmas letter written with our family photo as Christmas is only 10 days away thanks to Tanya's countdown. Thanks so much for the cute photo of the boys!

    ReplyDelete