Saturday, February 28, 2009

is this week over?

I love my job. Don't get me wrong, I do. I love my husband and family too, and most times I think I juggle everything really well. I'm organized. I plan. I adjust. I sacrifice sleep. I'm peppy and perky to boot. But this week... this week might have just done me in. For those unfamiliar, March 1 is the date that all farm tax returns are due (at least if the farm was profitable, that's when they are due.) Needless to say, the week prior to March 1 is really, really busy at work. No matter how much I plan and schedule to not be in a crunch, it sometimes happens. This week has just been one of those weeks. Thankfully I have been able to do a lot from home, but after running into the office a few days in a row, and asking my husband to watch the boys for a few hours each time (something he is always willing to do) I think I might be pushing my luck. He should know I would much rather be home with him, it's just my gosh darn sense of obligation. Oh well. Almost done now. Did I mention that I have a horrendous head cold, and that the evil thing called "morning sickness" that for me lasts all day and night, has reared it's ugly head again? And that all I feel like doing is sitting? I actually WANTED to work this morning. Sitting in a chair and using my brain takes FAR LESS energy than keeping two little dudes happy and SAFE. Weston and safety don't always end up on the same side of the fence. Anyhoo, that's another blog post. Later folks!

2 comments:

  1. You are such an awesome employee! Wish you were doing my taxes! Thanks for the Cricut cartridges - what a bonus! I LOVED the Pooh font - just don't tell Brandon I used it in his High School Album! :-)

    ReplyDelete