A number of years ago our pastor presented these 21 questions to consider at the beginning of each year. A friend recently reminded me of them, and I am going to spend some time answering each one today. I am not just going to read the questions and think "That's a good question!" I am going to READ and THINK and WRITE (okay type... I'm keeping it in excel so I can look over my answers from year to year) Should be.. fun? Convicting? There might be some much needed change that comes from this process!
1.What’s the most important decision I need to make this year?
2. What area of my life most needs simplifying and what’s one way I can
simplify in that area?
3. What’s the most important need I feel burdened to meet this year?
4. What habit would I most like to establish this year?
5. Who do I most want to encourage this year?
6. What is my most important financial goal this year, and what is the
most important step I can take toward achieving it?
7. What’s the single most important thing I can do to improve the
quality of my work life this year?
8. What’s one new way I could be a blessing to someone who ministers
to me?
9. What’s one thing I can do this year to enrich the spiritual legacy I will
leave to my children and grandchildren?
10. What book, in addition to the Bible, do I most want to read this
year?
11. What one thing do I most regret about last year and what will I do
about it this year?
12. What singe blessing from God do I want to seek most earnestly this
year?
13. In what area of my life do I most need growth, and what will I do
about it?
14. What’s the most important trip I want to take this year?
15. What skill do I most want to learn or improve this year?
16. To what need or ministry will I try to give an unprecedented
amount this year?
17. What’s the single most important thing I can do to improve the
quality of my downtime this year?
18. What one biblical doctrine do I most want to understand better this
year?
19. If those who know me best gave me one piece of advice, what would
they say? Would they be right? What am I willing to do about it?
20. What’s the most important new item I want to buy this year?
21. In what area of my life do I most need change, and what will I do
about it?
Hmmm some of these questions I have already asked myself. Thanks for these I will have to print them off. Good Luck on answering some of them :)
ReplyDeleteTrish