Friday, December 21, 2007

As the days go by

Well, one by one the days are coming and going! We are doing well, and settling back into family life around here. Well, it's a little modified, but it works! I have learned to relax quite a bit about the state of cleanliness in our house. I have learned to let Tyler do things for me. I have learned that Christmas comes whether I am busy and scheduled, or relaxed and laid back! It has definitely been a strange year. Why? Online shopping, for one. Not being out in stores to see the hustle and bustle (30 minutes in Walmart before my last appointment, walking slow and taking it easy was about enough to make me hyperventilate!!!!) Our family has been so gracious, and insisted that we bring nothing but ourselves to our gatherings. While I appreciate this greatly, it is also strange not to be cooking and baking, I love to do it! Oh well. There will be many Christmas's to come where I can do those things, but only one Christmas left to cook Weston for just a little bit longer! (We told the nurses in the hospital, when we were there over Thanksgiving that this turkey wasn't done cooking yet!)

Wayne is quite the little guy... He has 2 more teeth (he got them while he was at Grandma and Grandpa's. I just noticed them, so they were written in the baby book as both having come on December 20!) He weighs 29 pounds (Tyler has taught him how to stand on the bathroom scale. He thinks it's great fun.) We are excited to see his response to Christmas.... Especially the insane gift he is getting from his Uncle Todd (the single one, not the married one!) I've heard it's a robotic dinasaur that takes 6aa and 3aaa batteries, and is almost three feet long. Only Todd...

Tyler is doing well. He is pretty much off all pain killers now, which is good and bad. Good for him, but bad because he's kind of entertaining on them! :-) He is able to do more and more with Wayne, and even puts him to bed again (this is always his job, and he cherishes it! It's not really a job, we used to fight over who got to put him down, until it got too hard for me to carry him up the stairs!) Wayne and him keep wrestling, and Tyler has to be on his toes or Wayne will blind side him!

A garage update! As many of you know, the weekend I was in the hospital, a crew showed up and framed and sheeted the walls. Now, tomorrow, the same crew plus a few more are coming to set the trusses (remember, that was what Tyler was working on when he fell?) and sheet the roof, etc. We are so grateful to these men! It is important to get the exposed wood covered before the weather damages it. After tomorrow it will be ready for roofing and then wrapping plastic over the walls, which means that it is protected from the weather. It is such a huge relief to us to know that this is being taken care of so that the money already spent is not wasted by damaged wood, and that we don't have to hire anyone to do the work (not in the budget, and you know how I have to stay within budget!)

Today's Prayer Requests: This is a new addition to my posting. I am a firm believer, as are many of you, in praying specifically! So, for today, please pray for the safety of Saturday's work crew. Please also pray that my blood pressure stays under control throughout the holiday parties, and that my headaches are manageable despite lots of light and noise at the parties. Please thank the Lord for his goodness and faithfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are going better for you all. That your family life is getting a little more normal. We will continue to be in agreement with you for all of your prayer requests. I understand not being able to do cooking and baking. I am in the same boat. Mom's kitchen is big, but its not that big! Merry Christmas to you and we look forward to seeing pics and hearing about Wayne's 2nd Christmas!

    ReplyDelete