Christmas was so much fun this year... I didn't really think about how different it would be, because Wayne is almost 2 now, so I was delightfully surprised! He did really well throughout all the parties, and we were adamant about him getting his naps in. In fact, on Christmas day he even took two naps! He was so fun... tearing into paper and boxes, playing with his toys, and eating to his hearts content! Thank you to everyone who made it so special, and who put so much thought into his gifts. Even baby Weston made out well this year! I can't wait to dress him in all of the cute clothes. We opened our gifts on Monday morning with Wayne. It took all morning, which was perfect for us! He had great fun too, although he started before his clothes were even on! He took a good nap, and then we went to visit Grandma Groen for awhile. After that we rushed home so that I could rest, and then spent the evening at DeGroot's. It was a wonderful party, and fun to see my cousins. We are all getting so old! It was different to go to parties with an almost 2 year old though... We don't stay as late as we otherwise would, because Wayne has to go to bed! Christmas morning was slow and relaxed, and we met up with Tyler's family at his sister's house. We had latte's and opened gifts, ate lunch and opened more gifts! It was nice to just be able to relax, and let the kids run around. Wayne was a dolly, and took a great nap there. We came home where I crashed for a good nap, and then went up to my parents house for Christmas with my family (minus Todd - see the previous posting on Toddikah!) We had such a great time. The food was delicious (only regret is that I couldn't eat much because baby Weston is getting so big!) and we had a wonderful time together. Wayne played in the wrapping paper for a good 20 minutes, and it was music to our ears to hear him laughing and squealing with joy. He played with all his new toys, and was quite a delight. Whew! That's Monday and Tuesday in a nutshell! I will post another entry of just pictures in the morning. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment