Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Wayne is Home!!!

Tonight around 5pm.... Wayne came home! We are just thrilled, and I realize how much I have truly missed our little boy (who is not so little!) The first part of today just dragged by, I was just waiting to go to the doctor late this afternoon, to see how thing were going! I have felt good this last week, with no contractions, or at least very few (hello, I am 8 months pregnant!) First we had the NST (non-stress test) where everything looked good. The baby's hearbeat was regular and strong, and the nurse and doctor's still agree that this boy can move! I had to hit the button every time he moved, which got a little ridiculous! The bottom line was, baby looks good! We then met with my doctor who was very pleased with the baby's health, and with my own. However, he also modified his original plan (from last week) a little bit. I am being allowed off of bed rest, but only enough to hang around the house, have Wayne home most of the time, and go to some Christmas parties. I am still supposed to take it easy, rest, and limit my lifting and activity as much as I can while still having Wayne, etc. So, I am more than happy with this, and understand his reasons for still having me take it easy. Afterall, I have been on bed rest for 1 month! I am pretty out of shape, and my stomach muscles are not used to working so much! Anyhow... He also is not letting me wean away from my medication quite yet, he wants me to stay on them full strength at least another week. We discussed the reasons for this, and I agree with him, despite being a little disappointed. (For those who don't know, I have a headache pretty much all day, it's just a matter of how bad it is.) So, if you'd like to pray specifically for my headaches not to get bad during Christmas parties, I'd appreciate it!!! So, for now it's hanging around home with Wayne... I can't wait!

A Tyler update... he goes in for an appointment tomorrow, and we are pretty sure he will get a new cast. His old one is WAY to big on him now that the swelling has gone down. We also got an update on the man who fell off a ladder the day before Tyler's accident. They were in similar circumstances, except the other guy fell from the 2nd to the top step of a 10 foot ladder, and Tyler was on the 2nd to the top step of an 8 foot ladder. Both fell on concrete. The other guy has a broken vertabrae, ankle, wrist, and multiple broken ribs. He is still in rehab (not yet gone home) and is on permanent disability. Please pray for him and his family. And, if you'd like, please praise God along with us for his protection around Tyler. Yes, he had a broken elbow. But, did you know he never got a single bruise from the fall? Not a one. I checked several times! We both know that the Lord protected him, and that our lives are in his hands. Praise Him!!!

1 comment:

  1. Auntie is so happy to hear that Wayne made it home! I'm sure he is thrilled to be home too...although he really had the run of the house at G'pa and G'ma's. :) Let us know if we can help with anything!
    Love ya guys! Tanya and family

    ReplyDelete