Sunday, December 23, 2007

Lots to Blog About!






Saturday was a big day around here. It was utter crazyness after all of the long slow days we've had around here (well, relatively speaking!) We had a workcrew of 5 guys come, and just when they were about to call it quits because of the weather, the rain eased up and they decided to go for it! In 6 hours of working, they set the trusses, built a truss, set the barge board, and sheeted the roof!!! They are amazing. Tyler was even able to head out and help them in the afternoon while I rested (Wayne napped at my mom's... he would not have slept with all of the hammering and sawing going on!) We also went to see Grandma Silves for Christmas. It was my very first outing, other than Mom's and the doctor's in a month, and I will admit it was a little overwhelming. Despite being on the medication, my blood pressure was definitely elevated when we got home, so I rested most of the afternoon. It was a good reminder that I really do have to take it easy, and that the medication is doing it's job with contractions, as well as helping with my blood pressure, but it's not a cure all! Then, last night we went to Vanderpol's for our Christmas gathering there. It was great fun, and everyone was so helpful and gracious to allow me to sit and rest, and to help Tyler with Wayne. Wayne had to eat his own twice baked potato (two of them) and would not let us help him! We headed for home by 8:45 and Wayne fell asleep on the way. Oh, and the party did not overdo me. Actually, I checked my pressure again before taking my medication, and it was in the tank, which is where it's at more often than not! As Dr. Mora says "I love what it does to your blood pressure!" So, that's Saturday in a nut shell. I'll post a slideshow of pictures when I can figure out how, and I'll post on Sunday later!

No comments:

Post a Comment