Saturday, November 22, 2008

Frick'n cold!

Where do I begin? Okay, we'll start with Wayne stories....

Story #1: The other day the boys and I were in the Jeep when Tyler called. He asked how the weather was, and since I had just been running around outside in it, I replied, "It's frick'n cold!" Of course for the next 15 minutes I had to hear Wayne repeat that phrase over, and over, and over. While it's not the greatest thing for a two year old to repeat, I guess it could have been worse. I will definitely be minding my words from now on!

Story #2: Wayne got his first Christmas tree! Grandma brought over a bag for him today, and inside was a miniature tree, with miniature ornaments for Wayne to put in his room. This was a big tradition for us kids when we were little, and I had TOTALLY forgotten what a big deal it was. I was so touched that my mom remembered, and wanted Wayne to have those special memories too. He was THRILLED!

Story #3: Well, not really a story, but our Wayne is an addict. A train addict. More specifically, a GeoTrax train (and track) addict. He plays with them for HOURS and HOURS each day. It' so weird that he is upstairs playing while I'm downstairs getting things done. Tyler and I both head up and play with him sometimes, but we are usually kicked out for not doing something the "right" way. He just uses us to build track layouts, then pushes us out the door!


All else is going well! We have had a wonderful day today, doing laundry, setting up the Dicken's Christmas village, cleaning, finishing projects, painting garage trim, and sorting Pampered Chef orders (they are in! I'll be delivering them in the next few days!) Tuesday is the big Christmas decorating day around here... I can't wait! We are having 2 trees this year, one fake, one real. The fake one will be in the coffee room, so you can see it through the front window. How cute! After shopping on Friday (oh yeah baby folks... less than one week away!) Tyler will do his manly thing and put up the Christmas lights and reindeer (hopefully they keep all four on the floor this year!) I am so excited to put everything up, since we missed out last year (well, Mom and Trisha helped with the inside decorating last year. Without them it would have been pretty sparse!) The shipments have been rolling in 2 and 3 a day, so I've got to get caught up on my wrapping. I'll have to take a picture of the gift pile in the office one of these days for you all. Later!

4 comments:

  1. I'm requesting a coffee date next week so I can see all the decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne reminds me of Tyler so much! Tyler use to play with contrux building things for hours. Which ment the sisters where able to play without having little brother around. But, being sisters we where the ones that usually went in and bugged him first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is watch the village with "Wilma" (Weston) around. I remember the year I put up my village (mind you it cost way less than yours) and one of the girls caught their foot on one of the cords, and yep you know what happened next. Ya, that was a sad day! Love the traditions too. One of our traditions is setting out a puzzle the month of Dec. and working on it when we have time. I remember many nights me and the older girls being up till 1 or 2a.m. working on the silly thing. They are very addicting. TRADITION!!!!!~Loves~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get to decorate the new house this year!! Whoopee! I want to come see your house - really I do!!!

    ReplyDelete