I have been doing a bunch of sh0pping online for Christmas, getting good deals here and there, free shipping, discounts, and using Ebates! However, when I look in my email inbox, I have around 15 different emails relating to order confirmations, shipping notices, etc. and I now think it's time to stop and let the shipments roll in! Seriously... Ridiculous! I also can't believe that 7 days and 14 hours from now is BLACK FRIDAY! Why am I so looking forward to getting up early and fighting the masses you ask? I have a well thought out philosophy I'd like to share.
1. I actually like waking up early. It's a day to accomplish a lot.
2. Shopping without the boys is fun.
3. Getting coffee, and getting more coffee is always a reason to leave the house! :-)
4. I love wrapping all the gifts when we get home.
5. I love the jump start on the Holiday shopping!
6. I love pouring over the ads on Thanksgiving, strategizing and making my list. I love to get other people to go too, when they had no intentions of it!
7. I can't wait to go this year, because I missed last year because I was in the hospital with pregnancy issues with Weston. Nothing stunk more then missing out because I was in a hospital bed, high on medication!
8. I love helping other people by picking up things for them too at a great price, within reason!
9. Finally, it's a great time of fellowship with other women. Honestly, If I didn't buy one thing, or didn't get the item on the top of my list, I would be thrilled to go just to open doors for women with their arms full, hand my cart of to someone who needs it, and just sit and chat with these women in line. It's amazing the things people tell you while you are waiting in line at Kohl's at 6am. If just one person looks at me and thinks, "Hmm.. she's different. It's not about the shopping for her" then I feel that my true mission is accomplished. At church we are always talking about "being Christ" to others, and I feel that joining the chaos on this day is one unique way I can show it. You may think this is a stretch, and that's fine. It's just how I feel.
I too am looking forward to Black Friday. We always have a lot of fun together. Hey, just remember, you may have been laying in that darn hospital bed last year but your shopping was accomplished via cell phone! What would we do without them? Looking forward to making our plans for this year. What great deals are we going to find? First stop, COFFEE!!!
ReplyDeleteI hate shopping but I get to open the coffee stand at 4 am...it's the only day that people are happy to be up at that hour! I hope you have a happy and productive Black Friday!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to shop! I also love having it the one time of year to spend with my sisters and mom shopping even if we are not always together every second of shopping we always connect and share our exciting stories of what good deals we found or what crazy thing happened to us. And yes, always coffee first!!! I am so happy that my pregancy is going so well this year that I won't miss out on the excitment!
ReplyDeleteI usually have most of my shopping done by Black Friday, but it's a great day to get deals on items I want to donate to charity for Christmas! I am always so excited to see my charity dollars go further!
ReplyDelete