Thursday, November 27, 2008

Let the madness..... begin!

I'm not sure if blogger is going to post the time correctly, but yes folks, it's 5:40am on Thanksgiving morning. That darn Kmart is having a Thanksgiving sale today, and it's actually pretty good. I have about 10 things on my list to get, so I am going to meet my "sista' from anotha' mista'" (as we like to say around the DeGroot clan) at 6:30 to drive in and SHOP! In my defense for all of you who think I need to be committed... everything on my list is half off, or buy one get one free. And, I am not only shopping for myself, but for my mom and grandma too. On to the next thing. Why do I have time to blog? I haven't been sleeping all that well lately. I wake up by 3 or 4am, and that's it. There's no going back to sleep at that point. I tried for two hours today, and finally said forget it, I might as well shower and get ready! Tyler thinks I've been so excited about going shopping. Who knows, maybe he's right! :-)

I should be home by 8 or 8:30. The boys will just be waking up, and I'll make them pancakes for breakfast. Then I'll get them ready, and see if Wayne wants to watch the parade on TV. I have a few things to make foodwise for the festivities today, but otherwise we'll be pretty low key until we leave for Groen's at 12:15. I'll post some pics tomorrow, as well as fill you in on my shopping conquests!

And finally, what I'm thankful for. I am definitely thankful for all of the usual things... family, health, faith, kids, etc. But this year, I want to be specific, and be thankful for the little things. Here they are, in no particular order:
  • I am thankful for lips covered in peanut butter and jelly that want to give me a kiss and say "thanks Mommy" for the lunch that I made.
  • I am thankful for little boys who don't know how to express their love, so they just attack you with their hands, pull on your hair, and jump up and down laughing while you grit you teeth and bare it because it is so precious.
  • I am thankful for having a normal Thanksgiving this year, because last year I was in the hospital, scared to death.
  • I am thankful that God knows all, and I don't (don't tell Tyler that, it's our secret!) My heart and head are not strong enough to know all that is in our future, both good and bad, but God does. And he works everything together for good, because He loves ME!
  • I am thankful for a Mom who prays for me, and my family, specifically. She has prayed for Tyler since I was little, and I pray for the wives of my boys too.
  • I am thankful for cold weather that makes you want to slow down and snuggle up with 1 of the three boys around here! :0) I have a few options....(for you freaks who may try to read between the lines... that would be WESTON, WAYNE, and TYLER!)
  • I am thankful for my sister. I have really been blessed to know her again over the past year while she was pregnant with Madelyn, and after that precious child was born. I don't think she could ever comprehend how much she was prayed for, and how loved she is (both Tara and Maddie!) My relationship with my sister is an answer to prayer. I do love to tease her that she has a doll, not a baby though... babies cry, and Maddie doesn't!
  • I am thankful for my husband who is getting old. He turned 29 yesterday, and I am humbled and blessed to have had him for another year. He is the last piece of my puzzle, the one that brings the whole picture in focus, and the best piece of them all!
  • I am thankful for the many talents that God gave me. I hope that I am using them, every one, to glorify Him and turn people towards Christ. I hope that in me, they see something different, something that sets me apart from all the rest. I hope they see that it has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with my Heavenly Father. He's amazing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Tanya! Yes, the little things in life are so precious! Have fun shopping this morning! Happy Thanksgiving! Tell Tyler Happy Belated Birthday! Many blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete