Thursday, November 13, 2008

An update on Weston-peston

Baby Weston-peston is now 10 months old. He has blossomed from a colic-ridden, fussy baby to a very, very happy, joyful little boy. In his defense, he has really struggled with acid-reflux, and it took us 10 months to really up his medication to a pretty potent level (the pharmacist wouldn't fill the RX at first because the dose was so high, he checked with our doctor to make sure.) BUT, the new drug and the change in how we mix formula for the little guy have worked wonders. The turn-around has been so remarkable, I HAD OUR CARPET CLEANED! That is how much less he is spitting up these days. In addition to his nightly dose of medication, we add 8 tbs. of rice cereal to his 8 oz. bottle. Wondering if that's pretty thick? Uh, YEAH! That's the point. It helps weigh down the formula so that it doesn't come up as easy. In other events... Weston can pull himself up on furniture, and is starting to try and cruise a bit. He is extremely difficult to change diapers on (a moving target!) He thinks everything Wayne does is hilarious, and LOVES his Dad. He weighs 18 lbs. 14 oz. and is 30 inches long. He is in the 10th percentile for his weight, and the 85th for his height. While the doctor was pretty concerned about the sharp decline in his weight percentiles, he was very pleased that over the last month that decline has stopped and he is now at least maintaining percentile growth. We love him so much, and are so enjoying all of these baby stages again. I was so sad when Wayne went through them, because I thought I'd experience them once and never again. But, with Weston, we get to go through all those fun stages again, and see how much he is like Wayne, and how much they are different. He is so much fun, and while I can remember what life was like before him, I much prefer our family of four!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that he's doing better with the reflux and all! He sure is a cutie-pie. Trey goes for his 6 month appt on Tuesday but he outweighs Weston already (but isn't nearly as tall)...he's over 20 pounds now, what a chunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update on Weston! I can't believe he is already 10 mos. old! That doesn't seem possible! So glad to "hear" that he is doing so much better! YAY, for clean carpet too! He's a cutie! Enjoy your weekend!~

    ReplyDelete