Do you love the fall weather? I watched bright yellow leaves flutter to the ground today, and it made my heart sigh. Not to often lately where I can slow down enough to see the little things (I'd say "smell the roses" but that's not really possible!) We've been hanging at home, recovering from the flu and colds. Just as everyone else was coming out of the woods, Tyler came down with it, b-a-a-d. He always gets it in his eyes, and just has tears streaming down his face. Hopefully he is feeling better soon!
I've been back to work for one week now. I work on Mondays and Wednesdays. Tyler has the kids one day a week, and Tanya has them the other. Today was the first day I brought them to Tanya's, and it seemed to go well. She's got to have her hands full, but it helps that Ethan plays so nice with them and entertains the big boys. And Auntie loves to get her snuggle on with the little guy! I worked for 5 hours, and then spent the afternoon with the boys here at home, catching up on the computer, playing with toys, and watching a show together. Everyone seems a little sleepy, but not enough so to ACTUALLY sleep (a very common state of mind around these parts!) It's getting dark so early, they are usually in bed by 7:30, and Tyler and I by 9:30/10pm. I know, I know, the old people stay up later than us!!! I'm still up once a night with Wyatt (piece of cake) unless the other boys chime in. Two nights ago, it was a party at the Silves house at 2am! I quickly kaboshed Wayne and Weston's attempt to play trains at that hour!
The coming week is a full one... We have Madelyn for a few hours tomorrow, then Tara is watching Wayne and Weston while I take Wyatt to a doctor's appointment. He has the genetic marker for type 1 diabetes and is going to be involved in a national study. We'll see how it goes! Wednesday I work all day, Thursday Tyler is going to Tara's and I am having Trisha over, and then I have a baby shower for Breanne that night, Friday morning we're having coffee with Mom and Breanne, and Friday afternoon a friend is coming. Saturday will be low key until it's time to go trick or treating!!!! Whew.... I'm tired from typing it, how will I live it? :-)
I'll get some pics up later.... Gotta go, kiddos are calling! (Okay, it's Weston wanting to be let out of his room)
No comments:
Post a Comment