I am soooo READY! For Saturday, that is. I've been mostly cooped up in this house for two weeks now, taking care of sick kids, or just with no where to go. I know, I know, welcome to my pity party! :-) And today, the state of affairs is so bad that... I have no sweats to wear. None. They are all puked on, spit on, or otherwise dirty. So I am wearing "town clothes" at home. They are the only ones clean. By the way, am I the only one with "town clothes?" Hope not. That makes me weird, or strange or... alone. The kiddos are all back to normal, except for Wayne's butterfly band-aid on his head. He split open his glued cut, so prepare yourselves for some nice, life long scarring to occur. I've made peace with it, and am very thankful he's a boy. I'm hoping his wife finds it as endearing as I find all of the scars on Tyler's head. And why are they all on his head? Another conversation I guess.
Poor Wayne had quite the education. Thus far in his 3 1/2 year life, he has not thrown up. Has not. Ever. So when he got sick, I had to teach him what a puke bowl/bucket was! He got the hang of it pretty quick. During one of his uses of the bowl, I was telling him, "It's okay, you'll be fine. Mom's right here." He finally came up for air, and turned his huge, glassy eyes up to me and said, "Thank you for helping me Mom." at which point he started using the bowl again. Be still my heart! I had tears in my eyes, my heart hurt so bad for him, and what he said in his moment of pain.... Oh my! What a sweet, sweet boy. I am soooo glad he's back to normal today. Thank goodness!
I just realized I typed two paragraphs without telling you what I was sooo ready for. Sorry! :-) I am soooo ready for Saturday. I am scrapping at Master's Blend all day with a group of girls. At this point, I can't comprehend the sheer joy of it. Coffee, good coffee, and scrap booking with friends. Without interruption. With TWO hands! (I always seem to be holding someone in my left hand when I'm scrapping, and it makes it hard to journal, hold the shift, and control keys!!!!) I have also met my goal of having all books and people caught up to July 1, so I can start with a clean slate. Yippee for me!
Okay, I'm off to enjoy a few minutes of solitude with three shots of coffee (one for each boy. See? I think of them often! Hmm.. what if we have 5? Perish the thought! :-))
No comments:
Post a Comment