Earth shattering, ground breaking, I know. Oh, and Wayne's just announced for the 154th time in the last 10 minutes, he's hungry. Never mind that he ate a TON for lunch 2 1/2 hours ago. Weston's fever broke yesterday, after running at 104 for over 24 hours. Today, he's back to normal, except for a runny nose. So far, no signs of it spreading to anyone else, so I'm cautiously optimistic! As we speak, Weston and Wayne are building a farm together, and Wyatt is in his bouncy seat, making goofy eyes at me while I type. He is so darn cute, did you know that? :-) Oh, and Wayne's head is doing well. We've managed to keep all the steristrips on since Wednesday night. I think we deserve a medal! When the doctor asked how many he wanted, Wayne told him "LOTS!"
Speaking of Wayne, lately he's been my biggest cheerleader. He likes me to carry him upstairs for rest time, and everyday I say, "You are too heavy for mommy!" Every day he tells me, "You can do it mommy, you are STRONG!" And today after breakfast, he cleaned up his dishes and wiped the counters, then came to tell me, "Ta-da! I cleaned up!" I told him good job, and then put my dishes in the sink too. Then he said, "Good job Mommy! You did a good job cleaning up. You a good girl!" Thanks buddy, I appreciate the appreciation!
Well, we can't have Wayne stories without a Weston story so.... Before Weston's bought with the flu was over, he did manage to throw up, directly in my face. I was leaning over him, so it went right back all over him. Nice. Both of our heads covered in his vomit. And he was freaking out. And Tyler was working. Needless to say, he was cleaned up and calmed down long before I was. These are the things you don't realize you are signing up for as a mom, but are more than happy (okay, somewhat happy) to do them for your little boys! And one more story of Weston.... Last night in the bathtub, it was Weston and Wyatt (Wayne can't have one because of his owie.) Apparently Weston didn't approve of Wyatt's bath seat, because he was grunting, screaming and pointing at him. I finally figured out (after a tidal wave nearly put Wyatt under) that Weston wanted to HOLD Wyatt. In the tub. I let him (my hand was right there, don't be freaking out on me folks.) Weston was SOOO happy, and helped to wash up Wyatt before they were both done. What a good big brother! He's a good big brother, and a good little brother, that's a pretty special role around here!
That's all folks! I've bribed the boys, telling them if they are good this afternoon we'll go for a car ride to Lynden for nuggets and french fries. Thank you McDonald's, you bailed me out yet again!
I love that middle child of yours!!! They are always the special ones :) That is coming from a middle child.
ReplyDelete