See? In and of themselves, not too bad, but when they represent a trip to Bellingham at 9pm with your 3 1/2 year old.... Not my favorite!
Wayne went to bed around 7pm with Weston, but because they don't fall asleep well in the same room together (remember Weston's in a big boy bed?) Wayne gets to fall asleep in our bed, and then we move him later. Around 8:15pm, Tyler went to check on them, and when I heard "Tanya, you need to deal with this!" I knew there was b.l.o.o.d. And, if there's one thing I know, it's that Tyler and blood don't mix! I met them at the bottom of the stairs, and all it took was one look at the blood streaming down Wayne's face to know that he had hit his head on the corner of my nightstand, and I was going for a drive. To be sure, I called our doctor's office (while feeding Wyatt before we left!) and they said that we'd need to go to the ER because they were out of appointments due to the flu. Lovely.
So, to the ER we went. In case you were wondering how Wayne was doing at this point, you need not worry. He was beyond excited to not have to go to bed, AND he was getting to go to the doctor. He jabbered the whole way into Bellingham about how the doctor was going to fix his head. We got to the ER, and the waiting began.
After awhile, 45 minutes or so, we got checked in and Wayne got his bracelet. "Special!"
(Yeah right!)
(pause the music player to hear Wayne's commentary)
We met with a very nice P.A. who didn't think he could stitch it because of the shape of the cut, and because the skin was so flimsy the stitches wouldn't hold anyway. He asked Wayne if he'd like special glue on his owie, and Wayne was sooo into that. "I want some glue please!"
But, before the 3 second gluing could occur, we had to irrigate the wound first. Wayne made it through the first bottle giggling and saying it tickled, and for the second bottle..... He screamed, "Let me go, let me go!" until it was over. 30 seconds of screaming isn't to bad (that P.A. drained the second bottle FAST!) Some glue and a few steristrips later and....
Wayne had to check himself out! He was very excited to show dad and Weston.
Okay folks, I'm off to start a bonfire!
Never a dull moment in the Silves household - glad Wayne did so good! :)
ReplyDelete