Tuesday, January 27, 2009

{all about Weston}

Okay, I'm back. And it's time to tell you all what's new with the Weston-Peston! Well, in case you missed it, he's one now. That means a whole lot of things to us, but not so much to him. He's working on the walking thing, and is up to making it about 3 or 4 feet when properly motivated. He is also done with formula and on whole milk. He still drinks around 24 oz. per day, and it still has a TON of rice cereal in it to provide weight (as if whole milk wasn't "weighty" enough!) but all reflux considered, he's doing pretty well on it. He's got seven teeth now, and has become a snuggler/Mama's boy. For his first 11 months of life, I NEVER, not once, rocked the boy to sleep. He's just not the kind of kid who can lay his head down and check out. He must be in on all the action. However, he is mellowing out in his older months now, and occasionally he wakes up about an hour after going down at night, at which point I GLEEFULLY race upstairs for the chance to rock him to sleep. Mind you, it only takes about 3o seconds or so, but I'll take what I can get! He loves to take baths, and sits in the tub for about 30 minutes a session. His carseat is turned around facing forward, and he thinks he is majorly hot stuff now, because he can see Wayne better, see out the front, and see the DVD player too! :-) He continues to be the wild child... and it's a good thing because Wayne "loves" on him plenty, and it's a good thing Weston's wild and tough! He is a TERROR on the changing table. He cries when we walk into the laundry room, (where I normally change him) and wiggles, kicks, screams and cries until it's over. Aagh! Sometimes I make Tyler help by holding him down. He is such a stinker! His cheeks are all red now again from the cold weather. He's getting one major smeering of vaseline on them tonight before bed, that's for sure!!!! He's also in love with the dinosaur from Uncle Todd for Christmas. I swear he thinks it's alive, and loves to tackle and hug it. Silly boy!

2 comments:

  1. I know all about the squirming and holding down during diaper changes, it's a pain! We are also smearing the cheaks with vasaline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, you're getting baby snuggles, I'm jealous! Maybe Trey will turn into a snuggler one day too, I miss that!

    ReplyDelete