More of the crew...
Grandpa and Weston.
Today we went to Grandma Groen's for pizza and goodies. It is one of my favorite parties because it is sooo laid back and relaxed and easy. It's just a wonderful time of hanging out with the family. Unfortunately, we had to leave early because Tyler got a migraine. He's taking a long nap in a dark room, and hopefully will wake up feeling better! The boys and I are hanging out, playing trains and lots of noisy toys. Happy New Year!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year!!!
While the jury is still out on whether olli-bolin (however that's spelled!) is a New Year's Eve or a New Year's Day tradition, the fact remains that it is GOOOOOD!!! So good. This year's was especially exceptional, if I do say so myself. Papa and Nana in the kitchen, slaving over a pot of oil is a memory that I have going back years and years. Never just Nana, or just Papa, it's the two of them in there together. Quite the pair!
All the fixin's. Mystery batter, and lots of hot oil.
Wayne eating his first one, of many. We could tell the next day too, for those of you present who were wondering! :-)
I babysat Tana and Jeremy, starting from when I was 9 years old. Jeremy is engaged now, and Tana is off at college/internship in California, so it was kind of special to have them and Weston together for a photo shoot. Lookin' good guys, you've come along way from the early years!

Tana used to pray every night for a baby sister.... For 10 years! Her parents always said they were done having kids (at least that's what I remember) but God is good and convinced them to have one more, and answered Tana's prayers! Here's Kenna... she is so good with Wayne and Weston, and always finds toys for them to play with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tom says he didn't get enough olliebollen this year . . . he wants to know if you saved him any? His non-dutch wife doesn't know (or want to learn) how to make them! :)
ReplyDelete