Saturday, January 31, 2009
My baby's at a friends' house!!!!
I knew this day would come. Sometimes when he was a baby, I'd dream that this day would come. And now, I can't believe the day is here! Our boys are often watched by a babysitter, or my mom, or Tanya, or sometimes Aunt Shelly. BUT, it's always because I have to go somewhere, do something, or work. ALWAYS! I have never not had Wayne or Weston at home, when I am home. That is just wrong! (Okay, as I'm typing that, I do remember him taking a ride to Lynden with Aunt Shelly while we were building the garage, but he was only gone 45 minutes, and was just running errands.) Today... he left me. Wayne left his mom. Tanya and Ethan had stopped by to do a few things, and when they were done we were waving "bye" to them at the front door. Tanya was teasing Wayne and asking him to come with them, thinking he'd run back to me, but.... Nope! He got all excited and grabbed her hand and started heading for their van. We laughed and said sorry, we were teasing, he had to stay with mom. He pouted and stuck his bottom lip out, and looked at me with big, puppy dog eyes and said, "peas go to Ethan's mom?" Tanya piped right up, "he can come, Jason will bring him back before church!" Since it was 4:30 and I knew they'd be back by 6:15... I said sure! Wayne was GRINNING from ear to ear... He asked, and he got what he asked for! I could still see him with a HUGE smile on his face as the van backed out of the driveway and down the street. The house is pretty quiet with just Weston here, and dinner was a piece of cake to throw together without Wayne underfoot. Hmm.. Now I remember why I had Weston... thing's were too dull around here with just one! Wonder what three will be like? We might have to call the Auntie-mobile for a pick-up!!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The "Auntie-mobile" is always ready for a call! We loved having Wayne for a "spur of the moment" play date. The boys giggled and laughed all the way home. They were hilarious! I'm so thankful for the friends they have become at such a young age...more than just cousins...love it!
ReplyDeleteAww Tanya, Wayne's growing up! Sounds like he had fun though. He is a very big boy now, just watching him in Children's Church, he has changed so much!
ReplyDeleteJust wait until you and your husband are sitting home on Fri. and Sat. nights by yourself - wierd! It seems like our kids are never around - and come this fall, we'll have one left at home!! Enjoy the years!
ReplyDeleteJerry's parents love having Abby for a day so they take her for an entire day every few weeks. It was weird the first time, now I love it. I get to hang out with just Trey, which is so much easier, plus he gets all the attention. It's a win-win, so congratulations for taking the step with your baby (let's face it, they're always our "babies"!)
ReplyDelete