Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pottie goes in the pot!

We are finally trying the whole potty training thing. I'm giving it until Monday, and we'll see from there. We did the whole talk thing, we have rewards, we have cool panties. (Sorry Ethan, they've always been panties to me, girl or boy. You can keep your "underwears" at your house!) We've quizzed Wayne on the "where does your potty go... in your panties or in the pot?" and he dutifully replies, "In the pot!" We've told him that if he learns to go potty in the pot, then he can go catch fishes with Grandpa. Of course, then he had to call Grandpa and tell him, "Go fishing!" We go to the bathroom every 45 minutes, and I didn't ever realize how much he pee'd before! Anyhow. We had one accident tonight, but in all fairness we had only been in panties for a few hours, and I missed the regular potty run because I was dealing with Weston. Mental note. Throw Weston in solitary confinement (aka the pack n play) and make a run for it when the timer goes off! He did go #2 in the toilet, so I guess that's good, right? We dance and cheer and have a whoop-hollerin' good time when he does it right. We'll keep you posted!

9 comments:

  1. "Go Wayne!! Auntie is so proud of you." Getting those "potty treats" is a huge incentive in this process. I'm laughing at the pantie thing. You crack me up! Keep it up mama! It can have it's frustrating moments but you can get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! That is awesome! You will for share have to share with me everything with training a boy! Jaycee was very easy! It makes me nervous about Jackson! Yes, I was so worried about #2 and that never bothered Jaycee. I have heard a lot of horror stories with kids going #2.So I would definitely say that is huge!!! Pee I can handle cleaning up, I don't think I could do #2 cleaning. Good job! That is wonderful! It will give you so much more freedom when you only have 1 in diapers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say sure not share twice! Its 4 in the morning! I even read my comment twice! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be life changing - more scrappin' time ( yes - I'm sure digital scrapbooking)and less diaper changing time :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe Wayne is old enough to be potty-training . . , yep, I can get sentmental about anything . . . even other kids' potty-training!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Wayne's already potty training. He's getting so big! Although, I'm thinking after the last time I babysat, it wouldn't have been a bad idea then!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am completely jealous! Nothing works with Sophia. Congrats on less diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you've inspired me. Ab and I are giving it a go today. Pretty much it's a good excuse for me to have M&M's in the house. Much luck to you!

    ReplyDelete