Sunday, January 25, 2009

what's new in the zoo?

Just thought I'd actually take the time to write to you all in a little detail. Things around these parts are going well these days. It's Sunday afternoon, and both boys are in bed, and I am about to take a nap myself (see Tyler!?! I do rest on a occasion!) Wayne is doing really well with potty training, minus the poop issue. He is not really telling us he has to go, but at the same time he holds it until we take him. I try to take him every 45 minutes to an hour, but that's just not realistic when we go away. He often holds it for 2 hours +. Amazing! He usually doesn't even want a treat after, just a "Hip-hip Hooray!" He has been napping well these days, but not sleeping so well at night. He suddenly insists on having his door open, and we've caught him several nights now with his lights on, sleeping on the floor. He also has been making FREQUENT trips to our room, crawling in bed with me. However, Tyler is really putting the kabosh on that one, so I moved a safety gate to his door frame yesterday. When we went to bed, Wayne was asleep in his bed. We left the door open, and the hall light on, hoping that would help. When Tyler left for work at 5am, Wayne was asleep on the floor in front of the gate, with his comforter. I heard him up at 5, and by 5:45 he was making too much noise so I went to get him... He was again on the floor in front of his gate with his comforter and.... he had taken all of his pajamas off. He patted his chest with both hands and said, "look Mommy, naked!" :-) Oh my. He is with his binky less and less... and he is talking more and more. He loves coloring lately, and he is actually starting to stay between the lines. He is still a snuggle bug, and I still LOVE that! He is a BIG eater, and ate a chicken drumstick last night for dinner and thought he was pretty cool eating it off the bone. Boys, whatever! :-) Hard to believe he is almost three! Uncle Ryan measured him last week, and he was 41 or so inches tall. He's also been putting on the pounds, because I am having to readjust his elastic waist adjusters on his pants. I can't believe we've watched him grow for 3 years now. I hardly remember him as a baby, and love to go back and watch video and to look at pictures I took of him. Those days were so fleeting! I can't believe we're potty training now... I might as well toss him the keys and sign him up for college!

Okay, now I'm tired. More later on the other family members.

3 comments:

  1. I hate to say it, but maybe Wayne is ready to give up his nap? Sophia just recently gave up napping when she took a good hour or two to fall asleep at night. Now I have to wake her up in the morning! I know it's not a pleasant thought, giving up the nap, but it might work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who thought that pee and poop would ever excite us so much?! We just went through the whole door open/not sleeping thing too, I feel for you! We now have the door closed but all the blinds open and two nightlights on. Whatever works right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooo darn cute!! I have those same stories. I am so excited for you guys to come over this weekend!

    ReplyDelete