Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Still great after eight!

Happy Anniversary to us! 8 years ago we were united in wedded bliss, and the rest as they say is history. Wow, where did the time go? We dated for 5 years before we were married, so we've been together now for 13 years. Here are some random thoughts I've had while reflecting on that...

  • After dating Tyler for 2 months, I distinctly remember walking down the hall of the Nooksack High School (you know, the one just east of the gym) following Tyler through a very large crowd, thinking, I know I'm going to marry him. It wasn't a question, it was a fact. I knew it.
  • I am 28 years old.. I've been with Tyler since I was 15. That's a long time, but it doesn't seem like it's been long enough.
  • At first I liked him, then I loved him. Then I married him and realized how much more I loved him. Then we had Wayne and I couldn't believe that I could love him even more, and yet watching him with Wayne I knew I did. Then Weston came along, and now #3 is almost here... I can truly and honestly say that I love him more each day.
    And I even like him on most days too! :-)
  • I feel guilty and blessed to know how easy 8 years of marriage have been.
  • I am grateful to my parents for teaching me what a God-centered marriage was, how to deal with "conflicts" and how to say, "I'm sorry."
  • I am grateful to Tyler's parents for raising a son as wonderful as him. He is an incredible husband and dad, beyond belief really. His patience and love, and fun loving nature keep things very interesting around here!
  • After 8 years of living together, we still use two different brands of toothpaste. Some things are just not worth arguing over!
  • After 8 years of marriage, he is still more particular about things than I am.
  • I love how we've changed together... Developed hobbies and interests, and that we are each interested in the other. Tyler always looks at my scrapbook pages, and I help him smoke fish and dry fruit and do whatever other "homemade" project he comes up with.
  • Even if we're married for 100 years... that's still not long enough!
We're going out for dinner to Anthony's tonight, and otherwise have nothing much planned. I LOVE days with nothing to do, and Tyler at home!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on eight years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! 8 years in this world is way above average! You 2 have and always will be perfect for eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy verseries..or however you would spell that. I know you know what I'm trying to say. Love you both and wish you many more happy years together. Loves, Aunt Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! 8 years, 2 stinkin' cute boys, 1 more baby on the way, what a success!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! The "sparks" are still bursting in the Silves household! And you have a few "sparklers" to keep the love twirling around. May God bless you with another year of wedded bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Isn't it the best thing ever knowing that you are with the person God has chosen for you?! Have a great evening together!!! May God continue to bless you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time sure does fly by!! So happy for your great marriage!! Wishing you much more happiness and lots of adventure together as a family!!!
    Congratulations! Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete