Monday, July 13, 2009
what sane doctor gives a 38 week pregnant girl false hope?
The answer to that would be... my doctor! :-) Turkey that he is... I had a regular appointment today, which I knew wasn't going to be so "regular." Over the weekend my blood pressure had started coming up a bit, and I was just generally feeling... crappy for lack of a more polished word. Top that with an ongoing headache, and I could predict my doctor's response. I dutifully reported my pressures and blood sugars to the nurse, who took notes and was going to pass him the info before he came into the room. I told her, "he's going to say that my NST looks great, but that he doesn't like my pressures. He's going to do a PIH panel, and if that looks okay he's going to tell me to park it on the couch for the next week. If it doesn't look okay, he'll deliver." She laughed at me and said I should get a discount off of my bill, and especially laughed when Dr. Mora came in and said JUST THAT! So, after disparately hoping for bad lab results for a few hours (come on people, no one WANTS to stay pregnant when they are 38 weeks + pregnant and the baby is developed and ready to come out!) the nurse called with the "good" news that my labs looked fine and I was just supposed to lay low and rest all week, and of course come and see them every other day. Lovely. Oh well... I should get lots of digital scrapping done! Tyler's off most of the time too, so that works out well. So, while you're all checking things off of your to do lists... I'll be making lists while sitting on on the couch (or the desk chair... the computer might be the closest thing to a couch that I'll stay put at!) Stay tuned for more "good" news! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would expect nothing less from Dr. Mora! Here's hoping your labs will take a turn and they'll let you deliver early.
ReplyDeleteHang in there girl. Take advantage of the situation and relax while completing your scrapbook pages! I wish I could be closer to help you. Luckily there's a very young looking grandma that is able to keep up with those adorable boys. Can't wait to hear the good news!
ReplyDeleteThe end is near, so is the beginning I guess! Enjoy your last moments as a family of four. Rest up!
ReplyDeleteLet's go 4-wheelin' and get that baby here!!!
ReplyDelete