Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do you know what "Advent" means?

I was itching out of my skin for December 1st to FINALLY get here! I think I've been waiting for it since November 1. I feel like November is just a month, sitting around, waiting to be bailed out by December. AND IT'S HERE!!!!!

For December, we are reading through a countdown to Christmas devotional with the boys, and they each have an advent calendar with a chocolate in it for each night, as we read from the devotional. It keeps it really simple, right at there level. Our first thing to learn was, "What is advent?" Advent means CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!! I practiced this with Wayne several times on the night of December 1 and 2. And he dutifully answered each time. CHRISTMAS IS COMING!

That brings us to the morning, December 3.

Me: Wayne, what does Advent mean?

Wayne: I get more chocolate!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That boy's no dummy! He's not going to miss out on the chocolate. Thanks for reminding me about the chocolate advent calendars up in my closet. I guess my kids are getting 3 pieces tomorrow. I can't believe I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, I feel the same way about November! I have been working on our Christmas Advent for quite some time now!!! Love sharing God's heart with our babies!!! What a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete