Friday, December 11, 2009

Meet Mr. Nordman

Yesterday was FINALLY the day.... we ventured out into sub-freezing temperatures to pick, cut and drag our Christmas tree home! I could really not care less about the real vs. fake debate, but Tyler comes down with a very strong opinion that is not to be messed with.... It's REAL! But, being the sane woman that I am, there was no way that I was going out into a tree farm with three little kids with 30 degree temps with just Tyler and myself. We needed reinforcements. So I called Todd. Todd would come to help with the kids and the tree, but there was a condition.

A condition? To help your sister? This better be good..


The condition was... I could not post a picture of him on the blog.

My brother said WHAT?

Could I take pictures of him and NOT post them on the blog? Yes. Just no blog posting.


I have three little kids, and a big tree to get. Deal.


So, just as we were about to leave, Mom swung through for something. I flippantly asked if she'd take Wyatt to Papa and Nana's with her, and she said of course! Woo-hoo! I had been feeling terribly guilty about taking him out in the cold, but now.... Let's go tree hunting!!!




We went to Stoney Ridge's tree farm. Most trees there are $6 per foot, and they are nicely groomed and shaped. They also have a $5 pile, which has some GREAT trees in it. Who knew!?! After about 20 minutes of walking around, we found HIM. Mr. Nordman. He is handsome and stately and traditional and beautiful. Throughout bringing him into the house and setting him up, he's lost 4 needles. 4. Four! I can count the number of needles. Mr. Nordman was very healthy before he was decapitated. That's why I picked him. By the way, he's a Nordman tree. Some people like douglas firs, some like grand firs, and then a lot of people like noble firs. Me? Nordman's are the tree for me. They are perfect in their droopy branches, wax like needles... I love Mr. Nordman. He was well worth the $50. Don't tell Tyler I told you how much we paid! He's embarrassed!

But, he likes Mr. Nordman too. He picked him out.

In this next picture, I think that Weston is thinking, "It's about time. Can we leave now?"


After schlepping the tree back up to the front (for which Tyler was very grateful to have Todd around) we took a few pictures with the "snowmen."

Whew! Made it. Home for naps!


Later that evening....


It was time for lights! Now, I realize I should have been helping, but I was having fun taking pictures, and Brenna was here, and her and Tyler work so well together.... Who am I to get in the way?



Stay tuned... I have a little more to finish tonight, and then will take a picture of Mr. Nordman in all of his glorious splendor. He's a handsome fella!


P.S. If you *happened* to catch a picture with someone who was not to be posted on the blog... I couldn't help it! Please keep my secret!!!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I so wanted to break our tradition and cut a tree down at Stoney Ridge instead this year but we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it! Love your tree and your boys look SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete