And around here... it's all about the train! Wayne and I have worked together ALL WEEK on our gingerbread train. It has been a DELIGHTFUL process, which I was totally not expecting. It was one of those things that you think, "I better do it with him so we'll make a memory, but it will probably end up in a screaming fit looking crappy."
And you thought I was a perfect mom? Hah!
We started working on it during Weston's naps each day, or after he went to bed at night. It was great, and it let different parts "set" in between sessions. Wayne would run around saying, "My train is drying!"

So after the frame was up, we put in the oreo sidewalk and started with embellishments. Embellishments took several sessions. I helped a little, Wayne did most of it. He's kind of particular about where things should go.


And at last, it was time for the coconut "snow." I think this was Wayne's favorite part!

What did you think of the final product? It is proudly displayed in the kitchen on the little shelf display area. If you come by, Wayne will likely point it out to you, so you can ooh and aah appropriately. I wonder how many more of these things I'll be building in my lifetime? Whatever the number is, I hope that each time is just as special and fun as this year!
Auntie loves the train!! Very creative Wayne!
ReplyDeleteLove the train :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part is where you say that Wayne is very particular about where things go. Gee, I wonder where he gets that?
ReplyDelete