Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas - Scheenstra Style!

Saturday night marked the beginning of a two day Christmas party - oh yeah! I said TWO days! With full planners of parties, Seattle living, and work, our party needed to be the weekend before, and at that, we had it in two half days! Saturday night was presents and dinner, and we were at it for a LONG time! :-)


Couldn't pass up a cousin's shot, especially after Grandma had given them all their antlers!My new annual tradition... (look closely and you can find my new Christmas present.)
Wyatt was so good the entire night. He played on the floor or slept a vast majority of the time. Merry FIRST Christmas little buddy!
Uncle Todd gave Wayne a Handy Manny motorcycle, which he LOVES. Dad and Wayne were fixing it up and getting it running "right."
"Thank you Todd for making me happy!"
Did I mention how cute Wyatt is?
Weston was getting tired, so every 5 minutes, he'd come "check in" with me and give me hugs.
Madelyn got a doll from Grandpa and Grandma, with a stroller. Problem was.... Weston took her doll and stroller from her the whole night! No worries, she stole his toys from him (she liked the race cars and the trucks.) Go figure!
Treven got Weston the movie "Up" and a car.
Such a sport, isn't he? I guess he thought the kids were so adorable in them, he had to try them on too!


Playing race cars.
More antler pics...



I love these... Mom found snow suits and jackets for Wayne and Weston. They were so cute! This was actually one of the only gifts that I saw Weston open from start to finish. He worked so hard to get the paper off, and then figured out how to open the box. He finally reached in and pulled out..... A coat. He threw it over his should and went back for more. And pulled out..... snow pants. He flung that over his other shoulder, looked back in the box, and chucked it too. Then he stormed off looking for a new box, and I took this picture of mom holding his gift!
Wayne opened his gift up right after. In contrast to Weston, Wayne was over-the-moon excited about the snowpants and jacket. He was jumping up and down and screaming. We've been praying for snow since it went away, and are now praying even harder.Weston got his very own crocs.... He loves them!

All in all, the Silves boys (and girl) made quite the haul!!! ;-)
Grandpa and Grandma put so much time and effort into the evening... Truly memories to last a lifetime!
Did I mention he was adorable?
Just before the two babies fell asleep on the hay.
What did we eat? For history's sake:

prosciutto wrapped shrimp
Vegetables with artichoke dip
Meat and cheese tray
Sundried tomato dip with crackers
Puppy chow, carmel corn and gingerbread cookies
Peanut butter balls
Prime rib
Homemade rolls
Vegetable Casserole
Debbies potatoes
Olive Garden Salad

That's all that I can remember! I need to go hibernate for the next 6 months and sleep it off. Stay tuned for more party festivities to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment