Sunday, December 13, 2009

First Christmas Party of the Year - Grandma Groen's!

Saturday night brought the Groen family part-ay. With a start time of 6pm, it's sketchy how long we'll last, but we actually made it to 8:45pm with only a minor meltdown from Weston, and Wyatt was only a little fussy being almost an hour past his feeding. Thank goodness for helpful and *clean* hands to help with Wyatt. Aunt Shari and Kara had him a good portion of the party, and each were gracious enough to wash their hands before taking him. Thank you girls! I appreciate you sooooo much!!! (for those who don't understand my paranoia, Wyatt is on medication that makes him susceptible to flu's and stomach bugs.)


Here's Paige (9 months), Diane (___ years!) and Wyatt (almost 5 months) and Aunt Tanya (3_ years!)Trisha, Paige, and a Brenna. Isn't Paige's cream dress adorable?
Tanya made 6 dozen HOMEMADE rolls. She's my hero. Even more so, her husband HELPED her make the dough! I'd like to tell you I ate only one, but look at them...
I had to eat two!

Here's Grandma. She's such a sweet lady.


Hmm.. Do you think Wayne was excited?Or that he liked his gift?
Here's what the men-folk were doing while the kids were causing chaos. Sometimes, I think it's good to be a man!
Weston was pretty excited to tear into his gift.
A birds' eye view of the mosh pit. (How do you spell "mosh" anyway?)
After gifts, Weston snaked a cookie off the goodie table, and this is how I found him. He didn't even know, but he grabbed one that Wayne and I had made!
Here's a shot of the adults, just before playing a gift exchange game. Is that crew or what?
And here's Wyatt, with his very first Christmas present EVER. Isn't it adorable?
We cruised back into the driveway at 9pm, a record for a family party for us, I think! It was a mad dash to get crabby/half asleep kids diapered, pottied, and to bed, and then it was our turn. Whew! One party down, and 5 more to go!

2 comments:

  1. Love the BIG family get togethers. The Brims get together here on the 27th - lots, and lots of bodies - and FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey can I have some of these pictures. I didn't get any that night of either girls in there dresses so at least you have Paige. I think we should hire you to take pictures at all family doings. I feel like there is so much going on and then to remember to take pictures! :{ YAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete