Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009 - Wyatt's first Christmas

Rather than post party by party, I am going to try to post by kid! We'll see how it goes...


So first off, Wyatt! This was Wyatt's first Christmas (he was in the womb last year, but I didn't know it. Sure made sense after the fact though, I was EXHAUSTED!) I must say that it was different than Wayne's first Christmas. With Wayne I wanted him to experience everything, be a part of everything, and with Wyatt... I just wanted him to be a baby. Do baby things. Be snuggled, be held. Freeze every adorable moment, in every adorable outfit. He had three Christmas jammies that he switched between, and of course his plaid shirt that matched his brothers. Wyatt was sooooo good at every party we went to. I don't think that he ever cried, he played on the ground or in his carseat most of the time (Tyler and I were busy with the other two hooligans!) He stretched feedings to four hours when needed, and he slept well at night in between, giving Tyler a chance to catch up on our sleep. Oh, by "sleep well" I mean he went to bed by 10pm, and woke up 2 times to eat, but went right back to sleep and slept until 8am. Anyhoo...

First party... Christmas Eve at Papa and Nana's house! Wyatt was soooo good, I hardly knew he was there! Everyone loves to hold him, because he just sits there and hangs out, content as can be. Papa and Nana gave him 4 sensory balls and a little musical radio toy, which he LOVES. I put it on his carseat, and it has entertained him immensely!
When we got there, I ran in the house with Wyatt and the diaper bag (it was in the low 30's outside) and then ran back to help Tyler unload the other two boys, the food, and Papa and Nana's gift. Aunt Karen, Mallory and Tana were the "chosen ones" who I parked Wyatt in front of! He was happy and could have stayed in his seat, but they were not about to pass up the chance to hold the little guy!:-)
This shot was after the great-grandkids opened their gifts. Can I just say, it was pushing 7pm at this point, which remarkably is most of their bed times.... And it showed. Wayne and Grace were fine, but the "babies"? Not so much. I think at one point my mom said to Grace's Grandma (her sister) "Maybe Tanya's boys should hang out with Grace and learn some manners." Of course, mom was joking. Grace is a very sweet, precious little girl. I can't imagine her ever throwing a fit like my boys can!

I love the look on Papa's face in this picture. I love it.
Chillin' like a villain.
Well just take a look at this shot of Christmas cheer!!! So delicious I could eat him up!~

Okay, now we're to Christmas morning. Thankfully Wyatt really did sleep well the night of Christmas Eve, fed twice, but didn't wake up until 8am. We opened stockings right away, and he got socks, a book and a few other small toys.
Weston was so excited to "help" Wyatt.
Hmmm.... Brotherly love?
Yup!
Wyatt just hung out on the floor playing while we ate breakfast and started opening presents, then he got tired.
And here is where he spent the next two hours while Wayne and Weston opened their gifts. Poor Wyatt didn't open his until Christmas night! More of that in a bit.
By 1pm, it was off to Uncle Todd and Aunt Trisha's. Seriously, I am neurotic in the number of pictures I take. I just always want to capture the "perfect" moment.
Talk about a moment captured. Weston was in RARE form all day on Christmas, and Tyler and I had to watch him like a hawk. Here was one of those moments. I am sure that Wyatt's turn will come in a few years!
Brenna got Wyatt a "Scout" toy.
Diane was holding Wyatt, and couldn't believe he had both hands in his mouth. He's been doing this a lot in the past few weeks, so I captured it! (Excuse the lighting. I've been messing around with camera settings, bouncing my flash, and Todd and Trisha's high ceilings were tricky.) This is why I ask that anyone who holds him NOT touch his hands. They go straight to his mouth!
Back at home, Wyatt finally got to open his presents, with the help of Wayne. He got a little ball toy, a bunch of rattles, bibs, and a sound machine. By the smile on his face, I think he liked it!



(P.S. Good thing I can edit pics to brighten them! :-) )

No comments:

Post a Comment